Monday, August 15, 2011

We Made it through the Summer


In a week and half I can take a deep breath and say we made it through the summer!  Summer vacation was always a difficult time for Kevin.  He’d get very bored and frustrated.  I think the difference is the new diet and starting Respite care.  His teacher (aka his Respite worker) took him out for a few hours the other day and she could not get over Kevin talking.  She was talking to him about going back to school and he started naming the students in his class.  He said one name and she said “No, he isn’t going to be there anymore.”  Kevin said “What!”  It tickled her so much she called his other teacher and told her what he said.  I have to tell you he’s been checking that calendar almost every day to see what day it is and how much longer.  Oh Boy, when he turns 22 years old I hope and pray I have something in place for him to do.  In the mean time we will keep plugging away at the time he has left in school.  I think both Kevin and his brother will graduate the same year.  Not sure about that, yet.  Speaking of his brother he cooked for us the other night.  He was bored and said he wanted to cook dinner tonight.  Fine by me!  I just stood back and told him how to make the pasta for all of us.  Yes, he had to make Gluten Free Pasta and Regular Pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment