Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New Doctor, New Out Look

As several of you know we had an appointment yesterday with Kevin’s new doctor. It was nice to have him actually looking at Kevin and talking to us directly instead of furiously writing notes in his folder. He seemed to listen and pay attention to what we were saying about Kevin. Poor Kevin was curled up in a ball with his fist clenched tight over his head most of the time. Once he did look up and looked around in amazement as to where he was and the doctor totally missed that one. So, the results are a new medication slowly removing the Risperdal. Let me make this clear. Anytime you are removing a psychotic medication you do it slowly or you can make things worse. After we change him over completely to the new medication and make sure it works then we will look at removing the Prozac and reducing the Ativan to an as needed usage. It will be nice to have fewer medications and less confusing for the other people in his life that help with his medications.

As for the new doctors opinion of the Gluten Free diet I think he kind of sits of the fence with that one. I think most doctors do truthfully. He did mention that it’s expensive to do and I agreed with him. I also explained my financial situation and told him how I cut costs such as making Kevin’s bread over buying a loaf of bread for $6. I also explained that this past summer was the first summer I didn’t have to call the doctor for any help with Kevin. What a blessing that was.

Overall I fell positive about this new doctor and we’ll see how it goes with the medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment