Monday, July 30, 2012

Casein Free

Well, I've taken the next step with Kevin.  Last week I changed over his butter to Earth Balance Buttery Spread and have found a dairy/gluten free Ranch Dressing for him.  I have a couple of recipes for Ranch Dressing, but I've been so busy I haven't had time to even think about making it. Cheese on pizza is going to be a problem if we get it out somewhere.  I'm not sure if Mello Mushroom has Diaya, which is a dairy free product to replace cheese. I just bought some and I've only tried a small amount on his Penna Pasta the other night, so I'm not sure if he likes it or not.  Of course you don't have to have cheese on a pizza, but that's what everyone is use to ordering.

Today he was doing his vroom vroom noises off and on, which is something he wasn't doing for quite a long time. I'm guessing that it has to do with the withdrawals of the casein and his reaction to it. I had him go out to the hot tub (cooled down of course) for while to relax and he seems to be doing better. I asked him if he wanted a snack. Of course he said yes, but this time I didn't give him any choices to pick from like I usually do. I ask him what he wanted for a snack and he said pretzels. Ha, good thing I have some GF Pretzels. To tell you the truth I love the things myself.

The plan is for him to stay off the dairy for a while and then reintroduce it to see if there is a reaction to the dairy. If there isn't a reaction then maybe I can put dairy back in his diet. This is all about helping Kevin live a better life. All of you probably think I like roller coaster rides. HA! I hate them, but if it helps even a small amount then it's worth it to me.

http://www.daiyafoods.com
Daiya can be found at Health Food Stores.

http://www.earthbalancenatural.com/product/original-buttery-spread/
Most stores carry Earth Balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment