Thursday, October 18, 2012

Special Olympics Skating 2012

Even with a bite of a rough start this morning Kevin pulled off a gold medal for the 30 meter straight line skating event.  He's not the fastest skater, but he loves it!  As for this morning we'd had been working with his medication dosages, and if you remember I mentioned he was having issues a few weeks ago.  Well the new dosage after a week and half of trying turned out to be not such a great idea. His teacher called me and said he was roaring and throwing his arms in the air. Fortunately I was on the road that the school is on and pulled right into the parking lot.  Sure enough I could hear him as I headed for the office to sign in.  As soon as I sat down next to him he seemed to snap out of it, but to be safe I gave him half an Ativan.  We waited a few minutes to make sure he was fine and off he went to skating with the rest of the class.  After school he was his old self. Even pulled out the paper that he wrote at the end of day saying what he did in school today and started reading it to me. Going back to the old dosage and we'll just see how he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment