Saturday, May 11, 2013

In The Blink of An Eye

That is so true. In the blink of an eye Kevin can go from having a wonderful day to throwing his arms all over the place with no control of himself.  That's what happened yesterday at school. His teacher called me 30 minutes before it was time to go pick him up and said we need you.  Thankfully my boss was in at work and I was out the door in a split second. Unfortunately I hit every red light on my way.  Go figure!  It took awhile but he calmed down and Gram was able to watch him for me while I went back to work.

Not sure what the cause was for yesterdays out burst at school. It could be anything to tell you the truth. He could have eaten something off the cafeteria table during breakfast or it could be because it's the end of the school year.  Things need get out of sync for these kids the last month of school. The teachers are in other rooms helping with testing and the schedules are often a little off for them. I'll just wait to see how he is after school is out. Beside he has an appointment coming up with his doctor and we can talk about it then.

As it is the past couple of days have been wonderful for him. He has even been coming outside on his own to eat dinner on the patio with Garrett and myself. Normally, I'll ask him if he wants to go out to the patio to eat with us and he'll say no.  He shocked me one day, because he came out and sat down in the patio chair just to hang out with me.  He's even been coming into the kitchen to see what I cooking for dinner.  I'm loving every minute of it!  Even the out of sync days for him, because I know he won't stay that way for long.






No comments:

Post a Comment