Friday, August 30, 2013

1st Week of School Done

What an awesome week we've had!  The boys are back in school and this week has gone by fast.  Kevin is at a new high school this year due to the program being closed at his old school.  I took Kevin with me the Friday before school started to drop off his medication that he needs during the afternoon.  While we were there we got to meet his new teacher.  I think I lucked out.  I don't have to explain Gluten Free or Casein Free for the first time in years.  His new teacher is on a similar diet herself, so no crash course for her.  Another big plus, the two assistants from his classroom last year have been transferred to his classroom.  I talked to Mr. T on the  phone the first day of school while he was outside waiting with the car riders. He wanted to see if I was picking Kevin up like I did last year or was he riding the bus.  While talking to Mr. T he said Kevin saw him when he got off the bus that morning and gave him a big hug.  I already knew that Mr. T is one of Kevin's favorites, but that just proved it even more.  Ms. Jones the other assistant wrote in Kevin's communication notebook that he's been answering questions from the work board and he's been getting most of the answers right. Yeah Kevin!  He loves school and when he finishes I just hope his CAP (Client Assistance Program) has kicked in.  There are other things I want to do when the boys both finish high school, but that's a ways off right now and something to think about as time goes on.  Right now I'll worry about this school year and helping both boys have the best year possible.

Angel watching for Kevin


So far having both boys at two different schools getting out at the same time hasn't been a problem.  Let just hope I didn't jinx myself there.

Very Happy Kevin

PS: Sorry no picture of Garrett. He was already in his cave. LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment