Friday, July 22, 2011

A very different week for Us


This week was the first time it’s been just Kevin and I at home for a whole week. His brother and Uncle went to Florida for vacation while we stayed home. As much as I wanted to go on vacation with them I had to work, so Kevin stayed with me. We did have a good time. We went to my mother’s for lunch one day, while my sister was there with her grandson who was visiting her. I dug out the boys old Thomas the Train set for the two boys to play with during our visit. It was fun to watch them play. Kevin would just get all the trains on the track and my great nephew would knock them down. Kevin would just smirk and put them all back on the track. It was amazing to watch Kevin’s reaction. I had thought he would get mad at his cousin, but it didn’t seem to bother him at all. Kevin seemed to really enjoy visiting with his cousin. I did discover one day that Hunt’s Ketchup is not a good idea for Kevin. I thought that just a little wouldn’t hurt. Ha! Later that evening he had issues. Nothing bad really happened, but there was enough of a difference for me to notice. This morning he seemed to be fine before I left for work today. Good thing too since my mother is watching him for awhile today until his respite worker comes to get him later today. All in all we’ve had a very quite week just the two of us. I can’t wait to see what his reaction will be when his brother gets back from vacation Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment