Monday, July 11, 2011

Wonderful Weekend with His Dad


Kevin had a wonderful weekend visiting his father and stepmother.  He was Mr. Talkative in the truck on the way home Sunday evening. They had gone hiking to one of the waterfalls on Saturday.   He told me he saw an alligator at first and I said “no you didn’t see an alligator.”  Then he said he saw trees and water.  That’s when his brother said they’d hiked to a waterfall.  I’m so jealous; it’s much too hot here to do any hiking.  I’m thrilled that they were able to hike.  Just before bedtime he started telling me who all he saw over the weekend; naming his dad, stepmother, stepsister, stepbrother and then all of the dogs.  Apparently someone had puppies, because there were a lot.  I said to him that’s a lot of dogs and he started counting 1, 2, 3, under his breath and then 8.  I’ve never seen him do that before.  He was so focused on it.  I was fascinated watching him count the dogs.  I almost forgot he showed me his boo-boos on his knees from when he slipped on the trial once.  He said they were dead and I explained no they aren’t dead just bob-boos. It was so funny to hear him say that and it also made me realize that he doesn’t understand what dead means.  Not something I want to get into right now with him.   In the mean time I was able to go out early Sunday morning to Barnes and Nobles and browse through the cookbooks.  There were a ton of them and after a while I was lost in Gluten Free Cooking.  I left there and went to Earth Fare to stock up on pizza crust and pretzels.  I’m so happy he had a good visit with his Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment