Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Belated 4th of July

I’m hoping that everyone had a safe and wonderful holiday.  We ate until we couldn’t eat anymore.  It was one of the most relaxing holidays.  Kevin hung out in the hot tub which was turned down to 93, while watching his brother light fireworks in the backyard.  Thankfully the day wasn’t too unbearable for us to sit outside on the patio.  To my discovery Kevin has lost some weight, which is a really good thing.  He had put on weight over the winter and I noticed it during the Special Olympics’ Swim Event.   His bathing suit was way too small and unfortunately there was nothing I could do about it that day.  I had bought him a larger size not long after, because I knew we would be hitting the pool soon at a friend’s house.  The past couple of times going to the pool I noticed that Kevin’s new suit was too big.  Yesterday I decided to try his old suit on him and guess what.  It fit!  I was so thrilled to find that he had lost some of the weight he’d put on over the winter.  His doctor at his last visit had said he’d put on weight and she wasn’t surprised at all.  The Risperdal will make you gain weight and it wasn’t the first time he’d gained it like that over the winter.  I’d just like to have him not go up and down on his weight like that at all.  I’m hoping that reducing the Risperdal that will help with his weight issues and there won’t be any more fluctuating during the winter months.  What a wonderful 4th of July gift for Kevin and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment