Saturday, October 29, 2011

Losing Sight of Kevin


This morning I took a moment to watch Kevin play with some toys that were still lying out that his baby cousin had been playing with last week. I came to realize how easy it is to lose sight of him when things go haywire with his medicines. It’s so easy to get wrapped up in the problems and forget that there is a sweet and wonderful young man under all of that frustration. Last week I decided to look at his medication after finding no other reason for his problems. I did what I really didn’t want to do and added another ½ of the Risperdal back into his medications. So far it seems to be helping him, but it’s much too soon to know for sure. At the end of two weeks I’ll know if I did the right thing for him. Kevin isn’t perfect. He’s autistic and that is what makes him prefect. He doesn’t know how to lie, cheat or anything like that. He wears his feelings on his sleeve and you just have to know how to see them. Maybe being his Mom helps me to see all of him, but I’d like to think I’d be able to even if he wasn’t my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment