Thursday, October 6, 2011

Saving Money is the Plan


I’m really starting to have fun with this Gluten Free Diet. The other day I made sandwich bread. One was a flop, but still use able for croutons, stuffing and bread crumbs. The second one did a lot better. I had Rapidrise yeast and the recipe called for Active yeast. Yes, there is a difference I found out. The other difference that may have helped was I used a smaller loaf pan than with the 1st one. It says to use the 5x9 pan, but I did read somewhere that Gluten Free bread comes out better in the 4x8 loaf pans. Last weekend I made Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup from left over Chicken Fryers I cooked in the oven. Chicken lasted 2 day and the soup last a 1 ½ days. Today was Gluten Free Rice Krispies Treats. I thought maybe Kevin was getting bored with the rice cakes for breakfast at school. I have to pack his breakfast and lunch for him. Changing it up for him is hard sometimes. My next thing is figuring out how much I’m really spending and if I’m truly saving money.

No comments:

Post a Comment