Monday, September 26, 2011

Birthday Week


We celebrated Kevin’s birthday a little early this year. With everyone’s schedule these days we were lucky there was one day we all had off together in our family. Truthfully, I can’t believe how big both of my boys are getting. This past week hasn’t been one of Kevin’s best weeks. He recessed into a fog and had to be reminder & prompted repeatedly. As you know the field trip to the Courthouse could have gone better. Later that night he started stemming a lot just before pill time, so I gave him his meds early. It took awhile, but he finally settled down that night. I did one thing for myself Friday night. I went on the internet and joined a discussion group with parents of Autistic children on the Gluten Free diet. There was one product mentioned to me that could come in handy one day, but in truth I don’t want to even need it. It’s called GlutenEase and it runs about $30. You take 1 pill for every meal you have that has gluten in it. Below I’ve pasted the information from their web site.

Enzymedica GlutenEase™; supports people suffering with gluten or casein intolerance. GlutenEase is not formulated to prevent celiac symptoms. GlutenEase contains a modified Protease Thera-blend with an enzyme activity called DPP-IV. Proteases high in DPP-IV activity assist in normalizing inflammatory response to the gluten peptide, thus better digesting and utilizing gluten containing foods. This proactively supports the gut, allowing proteins to be properly broken down and absorbed in their digested state; broadening the potential food groups a person may eat. GlutenEase may also be used by those who wish to remain on the GFCF diet to ensure complete breakdown of proteins safe and effectively.

Last night Kevin looked like he was coming out of the fog. Thank goodness because some parents told me it took their children 2 months. Their children are highly sensitive to Gluten they said, but for most it should take a few days to a few weeks. I’m hoping we’re over this dump in the road. Right now I’m waiting for Kevin and his teacher. Today is respite after school for Kevin. He loves these trips with his teacher. Oops, He’s home and he look so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment