Monday, September 19, 2011

Not the Best Weekend Visit

I was hoping beyond hope that I could report that Kevin had another wonderful visit with his Dad over the weekend, but unfortunately I can’t. If you remember back in July I had Blogged about his visit and how nice it was for them. A lot of time has gone by since that visit, schedules get full and stuff just happens. It has been a while since they we’re able to have the boys for a weekend. From what I understand they had problems with him Saturday night and had to give Kevin an extra Ativan to help him settle down. I did find out that he had pizza for lunch that day, but I have no way of knowing if that was the cause or if Kevin was just over excited and maybe out of sync with the visit. Luckily, Kevin seemed to be feeling better last night and fell right to sleep with no problems. Today his off with his teacher after school for a few hours and I told her to bring him home early if she needs to this afternoon. So, far she said he’s been having a good day. A little stemming, but nothing she can’t handle. We’ll just have to wait and see how he does. I did ask a friend of mine up north, who has Celiac Disease, how long does it take for the gluten to leave his system. She has taken a lot of classes and is considering becoming a dietitian herself, so I feel safe with what she can tell me. She said it depends on the person, but it can take 1 to 2 days for the gluten to leave their system. Its ok stuff happens and we move on from there. I just really needed to document this for my records just in case there is something going on with Kevin.

No comments:

Post a Comment