Thursday, September 8, 2011

Is This a Pattern or Something Else


The past couple of days I’ve noticed Kevin starting to stem a lot more to the point that it is close to taking over him again.  Example if he’s in the middle of one of his stems that makes him contort his arm way up in the air and trying to give him either his pills, lunch or a drink he doesn’t seem to be able to stop the motion and we have to wait for him relax.  Yesterday coming off the bus he was in one of those high strung moods, so I text his teacher to see how he was in school.  She said he was good, but a lot of stemming that day.  I told her I had noticed the same thing and wasn’t sure how to help him.   I know one thing it's very hard to concentrate on work with him like that.  I ended up shutting down my computer a little early for the day.  Thankfully, my boss that I work for here at the house knows and understands the situation with Kevin.  So, I’ve been pondering all morning about Kevin’s mood change.  I went back to my Blog and I think I may have found a pattern.  I started the diet just before Mother’s Day and 2 months into it I had to reduce his Risperdal by ½ a pill to help him with stemming.   It’s now another 2 months later and it looks like I’m going through the same thing with him.  I need to find an answer before his next visit to his father’s.  I’d rather those visits went well for everyone.  They’re not as use to this stuff with him and I’d rather not put anyone through what we deal with here at home with Kevin.  Don’t get me wrong he’s been wonderful all summer long, but we do have issues once in awhile.  Don’t we all?  Last night I did not give Kevin his ½ pill of Risperdal and he did seem to relax a little.  He even told me they did Basketball in Gym that day where as earlier in the day he couldn’t tell me anything.  Then he decided he had to play with the dog and then tell her to close her eyes while she was lying down near him.  She does love Kevin that’s for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment