Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Skating


Kevin’s been going to practice for Special Olympics Rolling Skating and he really seems to enjoy it. His teacher said he did great today. Now truthfully how well he skates I have no idea. I’ve never been able to get over to watch them during skating. His teacher tells me that he skates by himself and is doing great this year. She said she’ll video tape him next time for me. I can’t wait to see how well he does and for me it’s not that he does it prefect it’s that he can at all. I’ve never learned to skate. Maybe that’s from growing up on a dirt road. I do have to say one thing changing the time of day he gets his medicine has been a help, too. I was giving it to him after school, but with him doing the respite care after school a few days a week I decided to change it for him to get his medicine during his lunch break. You can tell a difference when he get s off the bus. He much calmer, but a little tired from doing so much during the day. He keeps saying “Good Night”. Sure sign he’s tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment