Sunday, November 11, 2012

Big Brother, Little Brother


My how they have been changing on me.  Yesterday Kevin was voicing his opinion whether it was good or not.  I heard him say stupid dog once and thought I heard him say stupid Mommy.  I asked him if he said stupid Mommy and he said said yes.  I explained that that wasn't a very nice thing to say and he said Sorry Mommy.  Later after dinner he was bringing me his dinner plate into the kitchen and when he turned to leave his brother was standing in the way.  Kevin said his brother's name and move out of the way.  Now that would have caused a fight a few years ago with little ole me breaking the fight up. I'm only 5'5" and they're both either 6' or almost.  Neither one of these young men likes to be bossed by the other. Instead his brother calmly explained that wasn't how you asked someone to move and told him how to say it the right way.  I told Kevin to say he was sorry to his brother.  He did with a big hug.  His brother was trying hard not to start laughing, because he was still explaining how the ask someone to move. I was very proud of both of them for the way they handled the whole situation.  Oh yes Kevin is using more and more words lately.  That morning he and I went to visit with my sister and her husband at their antique booth.  His brother was off doing something for the Vet's uptown with JROTC.  My brother-in-law introduced us to a friend of his.  Kevin reached right out and shook the man"s hand saying "Nice to meet you" very clearly.  Just before leaving he was running around calling his Uncle's name, because he wanted to say bye to him.  They have a very special way of stay bye to each other and have been doing it for years.
Kevin getting a kick out of his brother driving




No comments:

Post a Comment