Monday, November 5, 2012

Ice Skating Practice

Today is the start of the Special Olympics Ice Skating Practice for our schools and Kevin was so happy about it this morning.  I'm hoping I can go check it out one day during practice or even the event itself.  I have never ice skated in my life.  When I was about 3 years old I remember my two older sisters wearing these dual skates that strapped on to their winter boots.  I thought that was the cools thing in the world until the one boy in our complex showed up on single blades.   I have no idea if Kevin uses a walker, dual blades or what.  It really doesn't matter, but it'd fun to watch him ice skate.  He seems to light up when you mention skating of any kind to him.


So how's he doing with his diet you ask. Wonderful! The other day I asked him to bring me his plate into the kitchen.  He hopped right up and said "Here you go Mommy."  Happy dance!!  Another new sentence!  It seems like the longer he stays on the diet the better he gets.  We had a few weeks that weren't so good a while back and after talking to his doctor we decided to try a little high dosage of his medication with the Fanapt.  Well, after a week and half into the new dosage I knew it was too much for him.  His doctor was out at the time on maternity leave.  His wife had a baby boy, so I discussed it with the nurse.  Back down we went and I added a 1/2 Ativan in the afternoon for about 2 weeks instead.  I have him back off of that and back to his original dosage.  He seems to be back to how he was at the start of school.  No idea why he was having issues a while back and I'm just happy he's back to he's original dosage.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment