Friday, November 23, 2012

The Thanksgiving Feast

The Holidays have begun to stay the least.  Yesterday we went to my sister's house for Thanksgiving.  What a pleasant day it was. The weather was beautiful. The little ones were able to go out and play in the pile of leaves.  Kevin had a great time playing with his younger cousin.  I looked over once and they were playing hide and seek in the living room. Another time they were both watching TV together and later I found them both in the living room playing with their gaming devices.  It was a huge difference from last year when Kevin's medication stop working for him on that very day.  But I'm not going backwards in time here.  We had our feast and sat around stuffed all afternoon until it was time to eat all over again that evening.  The night before I was in a panic, because my dinner rolls did not come out at all.  I made them several weeks ago without any problems, but for some reason both batches just shrunk right up on me.  Thankfully the ladies with my GFCF Recipe group came to the rescue. I emailed the group asking for help and one of the girls posted what she usually makes.  I am so thankful to her.  We had dinner rolls after all! I know most of you are thinking so what if he doesn't have dinner rolls. Well, I cared about whether or not he had them like the rest of us at the table. I try to make sure he has something equivalent to what everyone else is having. He does notice what everyone else is eating believe it or not. Thankfully it was a none issue anyway. All in all it turned out to be one of the most relaxing Thanksgivings ever.





3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great thanksgiving and Yeah for Kevin doing so well! our first batch (yeast of course) rolls didn't turn out and I scrambled last minute to make my stand by of non yeast rolls. my guests actually gobbled most of the food; including the rolls; down and went back for seconds. So happy everyone enjoyed! Your a great mom, Hugs for you for always thinking and helping out your kids! I admire you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's amazing how far we've come with Gluten Free food. I don't know what I would have done if Marcie hadn't posted that recipe. I was on the internet searching, but didn't have most of the flours that were called for and didn't want to waste anymore of what I had in the cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that he and Dylan get on so well. It was such a nice day.

    ReplyDelete